I teach community workshops in Maine and beyond. Much of what I offer is through the Maine Writers & Publishers Alliance, but I am also available to teach at your organization or institution. Please get in touch!
Past workshops I’ve offered in a community setting include:
- Wild Life, Wild Poem: Reclaiming Your Untamed Voice
- A Question of Style: A Poetry Workshop in Playing with Art Movements & Aesthetics
- Writing with Images/Writing with Power
- How to Write Poems for Your Lover(s): A Talk & Workshop in the Art of Erotic Poetics
- Going to the Places that Scare You: A Multi-Genre Workshop in Literary Risk-Taking
- Po-Biz: A 101 Seminar on Poetry Publishing
- Poems from the Tarot Workshop
- Playing with Translation
- Free Range Poetry: The Fine Art of Making a Mess
- Hybrid and Transgenre Forms
- beginning-level intensives
- intermediate sessions
- advanced-level intensives
Here are what a couple students had to say about their experiences in my workshops:
Thank you so very much for another lovingly work-ful course this weekend. You are brilliant and generous, and as it seems that I have not gotten my fill, I’ll be applying for the next workshop you have coming up.
Arielle is a wealth of knowledge! She knew how to answer each of my questions and was very helpful.
Thanks sooo much for teaching a great, pushing class! It was enlightening and challenging and warm in ways I hadn’t expected.
Arielle is one of the most intelligent and best writers and teachers in Maine. It’s a very high level of knowledge and pedagogy.